- At the movies, share the armrest.
- Save the last cookie or last piece of cake for your spouse.
- Don't hog all the Jeopardy questions on TV.
—Jim and Candace Walters; El Cajon, California
- Squeeze toothpaste on your partner's toothbrush when you're doing your own.
- Get your spouse's pajamas out and lay them on the bed.
—Jodie, Joel and baby Caleb Haberstock; Vernon, British Columbia
- Leave a favorite snack on the seat of your spouse's car.
- Compliment your mate in front of friends or family.
- Light a candle in the bedroom.
—Michele Smither; Rochester, Michigan
- Put down everything to greet your spouse at the end of the day.
- Fill the gas tank in your mate's car—as a surprise.
- Light candles with dinner.
—Julie Jones and Greg Rohde; St. Louis, Missouri
- Make a snack for both of you before bedtime.
- Turn your socks right-side out before throwing them in the hamper.
—Betty Arthurs; Tempe, Arizona
- Be adventurous—meet for lunch at an ethnic restaurant you've never tried.
- Choose a novel, then read it out loud to each other in the evenings.
- Rent a movie you watched during your courtship days.
—Donna and Ernie Siefert; Winfield, Illinois
- Buy an "I Love You" card and mail it to your spouse at work.
- Make plans to re-create your first date.
- When the dryer buzzes, instead of looking at your mate, volunteer to fold the clothes.
—Wayne Goff; Kansas City, Missouri
- When one of you is indoors and the other outside, knock on the window and blow a kiss.
- Don't put away stuff your spouse might want left out.
You have reached the end of this Article Preview
Read more articles that highlight writing by Christian women at ChristianityToday.com/Women